Happy New Year with a Fun Blog Challenge among ELT Bloggers!

The first blog post of 2014 has been inspired by a dear colleague and friend, Dimitris Primalis, who asked me to join the online blog challenge called ‘11 Random Facts, Questions, Answers and ELT Bloggers

If you want to meet this challenge too, just follow the next steps:

1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
  2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
  3. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
  4. List 11 bloggers.
  5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.

So here are 11 Random Facts about me:

1. I recently became an aunt to an adorable baby girl and I’m utterly excited.

2. I love watching ‘F.R.I.E.N.D.S’ again and again. My favourite ‘friend’ is Ross although I’m more of a teaser like Chandler.

3. I have a sweet tooth! I eat chocolate 7 days per week :-).

4. Summer is my favourite season because life is much better at the beach!

5. I make handmade jewels& leather sandals and have a big collection of earrings. Look at some of my creations 🙂

1000179_442768179153336_913741633_n

6.  I like hanging out with people who have a positive energy and make me laugh!

7. I’m a night owl. I get the best ideas and usually write after midnight!

8.  My favourite colours are pink, red and white!

9. My favourite social platform is FB because it helps me keep in touch with dear friends and colleagues who live abroad.

10. I want to swim with a dolphin.

11. This song brings out the nostalgia in me: 

My answers to Dimitri’s 11 Questions:

1.  How long have you been blogging?  1 year& 3 months!

2. What made you start blogging? My teacher trainers in Oxford and Pilgrims encouraged me to start my own blog and I must admit that sharing and connecting with other educators worldwide has been a fantastic experience so far!

3. What advice would you give a new blogger? Update your blog regularly and try to be as innovative as you can.

4. How do you spend your free time? I surf the Net, cook, take long walks, read books, listen to music, watch TV, do family stuff, go out with friends and so much more!

5. If you were not involved in ELT, what would you do? If I weren’t an EFL teacher, I’d be a chef or run a boutique hotel on a Greek island!

6. Do you speak any other foreign languages? Yes! German and French.

7. What is the ideal class for you? There are no ideal classes. Every group poses different challenges to the teacher. However, I prefer teaching more advanced students because it helps me improve my language skills and broaden my general knowledge too!

8. What is the biggest challenge for educators at the moment? To address our students’ real needs and prepare them adequately for the future when educational systems tend to be more obsolete and people fearful of change.

9. What do you imagine yourself doing in ten years time? I usually avoid making long term plans or dreams but I hope to be healthy and surrounded by all the people I love!

10. Who is your favourite author? Nikos Kazantzakis– I admire his free spirit as well as the strength and density of his writing.

11. Is learning technology a fad or a trend that will play a key role in education in the years to come? For me, technology is definitely not a fad. It’s an amazing teaching aid that can help us enrich our lessons and empower our students IF used wisely.

My 11 Questions:

1. The peak/the most awkward moment of my teaching career was…
  2. Name a song which helps lift your spirits:
  3. What’s the thing you like most about teaching?
  4. If I weren’t an EFL teacher, I would…
  5. Who is your favourite cartoon character?
  6. Describe yourself in 3 words:
  7. Which two Web tools would you suggest to a teacher who is a technology novice and why?
  8. What is the first goal in your New Year’s resolutions list this year?
  9. If you had a supernatural power, what would it be?
  10. What’s the best piece of advice you have been given as a teacher?
  11. The best book I recently read is …

I’m tagging ELT bloggers/ good friends who hopefully haven’t been tagged before ( it’s OK if you don’t have the time to respond 🙂 )

Edmund Dudley

Antonio Marsa

Isil Boy

Wishing you all the very best for 2014!

Christina